Sunday, September 23, 2007

Five Strengths

I'm Ashley McCormick.

My top five strengths, according to the strengths test, are developer, restorative, individualization, achiever, and adaptability.

Developer: You naturally see others' potential to move, change, grow, and develop for the better.
This applies to me because I always try to help people realize what they are capable of and what they can do. I try to get them to see their own potential rather than looking at how they are now compared to others. I love to teach children to talk and to watch them grow and make choices. I like teaching people new things and seeing them trying to apply those things to themselves.

Restorative: You readily take on projects that others believe "can't be saved." You can analyze a situation and identify potential shortcomings and what needs to be fixed.
I think this applies to me because people doubt that things can be done. I don't like that, so I ttry to do things to show those people that it can be done. If I fail, then I accept that it can't be done, or can't be done very easily (you would have to posses certain traits to do it). I don't like people saying "you can't do this" or "you can't do that" because most of the time it isn't true. People can do what they want if they are willing to devot their whole self to it (like me becoming a vet; I have to give up an active social life for studies and have a very small social life.).

Individualization: You view each person as a distinct, one-of-a-kind individual.
This applies to me greatly. I think every person is different. I know this especially because I have recently met another Ashley McCormick and she is nothing like me. She is more the opposite of me. I think that there will never be another Slaney, or Olmstead, or Jasmine like the ones I know. Because of this, I can value them more. Iv'e got one-of-a-kind friends.

Achiever: You are busy and productive, and you derive
satisfaction from your accomplishments.
You can draw on a deep reservoir of internal motivation,
stamina, and determination to achieve your goals.

I love accomplishing things. Even if it is just a video game. I love
being able to say "I've done this, and I've done this well." I also
get very excited about things. Like becoming a vet; every time
I think about it my heart flutters and I feel happy about
what is to come. I also use this as determination to get to my
goal. I always want my heart to flutter when I think about
veterinary work.

Adaptability: You create the future out of the choices you
make right now, one choice at a time.
I always think of my future when I make choices in the present.
I want to make all the best choices so I can get to my goal
without having to redo some things first. I like the straight
and narrow; it gets me where I want to go.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I have Restorative too! We're going to be great friends, haha. I hope you really enjoyed this test, did you think your strengths applied to you?--J

Unknown said...

I agree with you, Ashley. You have always treated each person as an individual and with respect. You have worked hard all of your life, especially with a goal in mind!

Sam said...

ASHELY!! i love how caring you are in some of your strengths and all them fit you perfectly :]

Sanja/Beginings said...

You're strengths seem to resemble your personality very well.

Noel Zimmerman said...

i like the idea of individuality but it is hard when they keep herding us around like cattle. but that is soooo cool that that you can see others separeated from the masses :)

margo_drewry said...

These strengths really seem to be helpful for school especially Achiever. I really hope that these skills will help you with everything that you do.

ashkonb said...

i dont have any of your strengths but i like what you said and i hope ill get to see them