Saturday, October 6, 2007

Negative Strengths

My strengths are developer, individualization, restorative, adaptability, achiever, and learner (claimed).

Developer: I like to see people grow and change, and I support and enhance that change.
I cannot change people, they can only change themselves. Developer would be negative if I see potential in someone to grow, and I try to get them to see it, but they don't want to see it and change. This can lead to me trying to force them to see their potential.

Individualization: I see each person as unique and special.
I see everyone as different, and I might like some individuals more than others. That's favoritism. Or, I might not like one individual and may avoid them.

Restorative: I take on projects no one else wants to and help people be uplifted on a bad day.
I might take on a project to big for me or try to cheer someone up who doesn't want to be social at that moment.

Adaptability: I adapt to my surroundings and situations I come across.
I will fail to see how others cannot adapt and not be able to sympathize with them personally.

Achiever: I like to make lists and cross things off on them. I like to do something everyday to feel like I have accomplished something. I like to complete goals.
I won't feel satisfied until I do something each day. I will not be able to relax without feeling guilty and lazy.

Learner: I like to learn new things (not just things in books though).
If I do not learn, I won't feel complete. There are so many things to learn, but I won't be able to learn them all.

I plan on learning new hairstyles throughout the semester, enhancing learner. I plan on getting homework done and studying each day, helping achiever. I plan on making new friends and helping them grow, developing developer. I plan on seeing what I did wrong on tests and fixing them, using adaptability. I plan on seeing each person as an individual, and to hang out with people I don't like, so individualization won't go negative. I plan on smiling and being optimistic as much as I can, so I can make people happy if they are having a hard day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're pretty much on top of your Strengths, haha. Great blogging Ashley. It sounds like you have a great idea for how to use your Strengths this semester all the while being mindful of the potential negative effects. Sweet.

--J